The Endangered Languages Documentation Programme (ELDP) at SOAS offers one granting cycle for 2013. The grant round opens next Monday 15th October 2012 10am (BST) and closes on 15th January 2013, 5pm (GMT).
The key objectives of the ELDP are:
- to support the documentation of as many endangered languages as possible
- to encourage fieldwork on endangered languages, especially by younger scholars with skills in language documentation
- to create a repository of resources for the linguistic, social science, and the language communities
Grant categories available are:
- Small Grants of up to £10,000
- Individual Graduate Scholarships
- Individual Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Major Documentation Projects
- Applications open: 15th October 2012
- Deadline for submission: 15th January 2013, 5pm (GMT)
- Decisions notified: 15th June 2013
Application forms and further information is available here.