The Living Archive of Aboriginal Languages is looking to work with someone to help establish a network of academics involved in teaching and researching Australian languages, to facilitate research which involves collaborations with language owners through the archive in undergraduate teaching and postgraduate research. Expressions of interest information is available on the website:
Possible tasks may include the following:
- Bring together a network of academic linguists (including possibly internationally) interested in using the Living Archive for teaching or research
- Audit degrees and courses which could possibly engage with (or contribute) texts and collaborate with their owners
- Develop an audit of texts in (NT) Aboriginal languages in PhD theses and other research projects which could be included in the archive, and people to contact for permission.
- Locate texts in other archives which could be shared with the Living Archive and vice versa.
- Work with the Living Archive team to strategise and implement a permissions process including ways of identifying the creators and owners of materials who might be contacted for permission
This work may be done as a consultancy or part of a research project, or other arrangements can be negotiated.
Please contact email@example.com (08) 8946 6876 for more information or to express your interest in being involved.